I love books! Love love love them. I'm usually enjoy every book I read. I mean, I'm always down for symmetry between a book and the movie that was made after. Especially since most of the movies that have been coming out the past few years, I have read and been a fan of the books before. So If I could make three major changes, it would be for the better.
I don't have a problem with Cedric Diggory, I mean Robert Pattinson persay, its just slapping some white makeup on a boy does not a sexy vampire make. He is ok in his own right, but not what he's supposed to look like. This is the BOOKS description of edward:
- Hair: tousled bronze (reddish-brown).
- Eyes: Liquid topaz when he is well fed, and 'flat black' when he is hungry or angry, with purplish almost bruise like circles under his eyes...they lighten and almost disappear when he has fed. Long, black lashes.
- Face: Perfectly sculpted, like the rest of his body. High cheekbones, straight nose, perfect full lips with razor sharp, straight, white teeth. Always flashing his crooked smile to get what he wants.
- Skin: Often described as looking like a stone carving or statue, perfectly smooth, alabaster white, rock hard. Bella's own 'personal god'. Shimmers like a crystal in the sunlight, throwing millions of rainbows everywhere.
- Body: Not as muscular as his brother Emmett, more boyish, but lean and strong..and not without muscles of his own.
- Dress: Subdued colors, khakis, whites, blacks. Always 'perfect'.
So, out of those, I'd say that Robert fits the hair and the dress. He does have a very sculpted face, but its so hard and masculine. Not refined and boyish like he's supposed to look.
MY RECOMMENDATION: Gaspard Ulliel
Hair and Eyes can be changed on set, like they did with Robert. He is SUCH a better fit.
- very fair-skinned, with long, straight, dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes.
- Her face is heart-shaped—a wide forehead with a widow’s peak, large, wide-spaced eyes, prominent cheekbones, a thin nose and a narrow jaw with a pointed chin.
- Her lips are a little out of proportion, a bit too full for her jaw line.
- She’s slender but not at all muscular, and weighs about 115 pounds.
First off, PERSONALLY, I think Kristen Steward is not cute at all, always acts like a crackhead and is an awful actress. AWFUL actress. Those are personal thoughts and only an actresses acting ability and character believability and development should be considered. And for this movie, the awful acting is the worst part. This role requires depth, most of all we hear in the book is Bella's inner thoughts. Complex character. I feel Kristen never acts well and she didn't in this either. As far as looks, Bella is to be plain, especially compared to Edward. Which I feel Kristen fits. But Jacob and Mike both like her as well, so I'd imaging her pretty, even though she is plain. From Stephanie Meyer, herself, the description is:
- He can be a mischievous teenager when he wants to be, but usually happy and grinning
- golden brown
- long and lean, but muscular
I actually really like the guy who plays Jacob. Taylor Lautner has come a long way since he was Sharkboy. I think he is hot and a great actor. And no, I don't care how old..or young...he is lol. I think he was perfect in book one, and though he buffed up a lot *fans self* for book two, its just a lil hard for me to match the description in the book to Taylor. Before his transformation he is:
This one I'm not as adamant about, because as I said, I'm really enjoying Taylor being Jacob. But I think Steven Straight would be a HOT Jacob. Or part of the wolf pack as Sam. OOOO. Maybe if they give him a tan tho lol